Gregory Barnett, MD
CLINICAL PSYCHIATRIST – A162522
Dr. Gregory Barnett is board certified in both adult and child and adolescent psychiatry. He received his M.D. from the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and completed his general psychiatry residency training at the Cambridge Health Alliance which is associated with Harvard Medical School. He then went on to complete his child and adolescent psychiatry training at the UCLA Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Behavior where he later subspecialized in the diagnosis and treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults with mood disorders.
Dr. Barnett’s experience spans a variety of diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, PTSD, OCD, and bipolar disorder; and a variety of populations including working with individuals and families of different racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds. As both a psychopharmacologist and therapist, he greatly enjoys using medications, empathic listening, humor, problem-solving, and evidence-based treatments to assist clients in taking control of their own mental health and well-being.
When not working, Dr. Barnett enjoys watching and playing sports, going to the movies, and trying all of the delicious food that Los Angeles has to offer.
Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it.
- Fellowship (2021-2023): Max Gray Fellow, UCLA Child & Adolescent Mood Disorders Program
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship (2019-2021): UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior
- General Psychiatry Residency (2015-2019): Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School
- MD (2015): Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- BA (2010): Psychology, Yale University