Megan Ichinose, PhD
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST –
Dr. Megan Ichinose received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Vanderbilt University. She has extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults with mood, anxiety, and thought disorders. She completed her predoctoral internship at the UCLA Semel Institute of Neuroscience and Behavior and her Postdoctoral Fellowship at the UCLA Child & Adolescent Mood Disorders Program. She continues to work part-time as a staff psychologist at the UCLA Child & Adolescent Mood Disorders Program where she participates in research on preventing, identifying, and treating mood and thought disorders and supervises clinicians learning family therapy.
Dr. Ichinose tailors her clinical approach and interventions to best suit the individual and their goals. She enjoys bringing creativity and warmth to her work with individuals and families while utilizing evidence-based treatments, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness, and family-focused therapy. Dr. Ichinose also has experience and expertise in working with adolescents and young adults to improve social skills. She is certified provider of the evidence-based social skills program PEERS® for Adolescents and has experience leading groups for young adults looking to improve their dating skills.
Dr. Ichinose lives in LA with her husband. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, yoga, and getting to the beach as much as possible. She is particularly fond of LA food culture and is often on the hunt for the best Boba in the city.
I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
Amy March, from Little Women
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (2020-2022): Max Gray Fellow, UCLA Child & Adolescent Mood Disorders Program
- Predoctoral Internship (2018-2019): UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Predoctoral Fellowship (2014-2016): NIMH T32 Predoctoral Training in Developmental Psychopathology, Vanderbilt University
- University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities – Education, Research & Service Trainee (2015-2016), Vanderbilt University
- PhD (2020): Clinical Psychology, Vanderbilt University
- MA (2015): Clinical Psychology, Vanderbilt University
- BA (2011): Northwestern University